Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
We now have an opportunity for an experienced individual that comes from a VMWare/Microsoft product based background (VCP/MCP/MCSA/MCSE) to take on a wide ranging technical support role. It's a BAU and Project based role that will cover all areas of support, including working with desktop users, network infrastructure and back-office systems - working to agreed SLAs. You'll ensure that we offer our users a highly responsive and customer focused service, and that our systems are resilient, closely monitored and supported by appropriate system documentation.
You should be MCSA/MCSE/MCITP qualified (or working towards this) and have previous experience of 2nd or 3rd line support in an IT department. As well as a strong commitment to delivering high standards of customer service, you will also need specific technical expertise that includes:
• Knowledge of Windows 2012 Server & Windows 10 environments with a skill set of management of Active Directory/ DHCP/ DNS & GPOs;
• Knowledge of SCCM 2012, administration, monitoring, packaging, OSD deployment & patching processes;
• Knowledge of Office 2016 /Office 365/ Skype for Business configuration & management.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
• Up to 30 days' annual leave
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
• Subsidised gym and restaurant
• Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
• Interest free season ticket loan.
To apply, please go to our website by clicking the APPLY button.
Closing date: midnight, 4th December 2017.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.